Vondi’s Holistic Pet Nutrition is a registered nutritional pet food that is natural, wholesome and free of preservatives.
In an industry that is dominated by large multi-nationals with massive advertising budgets, our stance on correct natural feeding, using REAL meat, REAL veggies, olive oil and FRESHLY picked herbs, has found much popularity, and it is economically priced.
Vondi’s is actively involved in educating the public on the nutritional rights and demands of our cats and dogs, and we have had major success in curing the many common ailments and sickness that we find nowadays. We are proudly South African, completely transparent and aspire to a code of good business ethics, which includes supporting animal welfare organisations and animal rights campaigns.
Latest Veterinary Studies
The latest veterinary studies coming out of The States, California, June 2014, confirm what we and nutritionists have been advocating for many years, that the same nutritional science that applies to humans apply to our cats and dogs.
Our pertinent and unique points of distinction:
- Whilst the jargon words like “optimal, balanced, complete, scientific” are embedded in our brand, we also highlight the importance of “safety first, quality of ingredients and morality”
- We STRICTLY refrain from any animal testing.
- As all raw meats can carry harmful bacteria, it is important to cook all meat properly to kill the bacteria that can cause food poisoning. The optimal temperature to kill all harmful contamination is 72 °C.
- We do our best to buy only natural ingredients and we use absolutely no preservatives or digestives.
- We ensure that the meat that we use comes from a reputable source. Most of the variants of meat that we use are free range.
- We use only high-quality pulses like a long grain brown rice, pearl barley, split peas and all are GMO FREE
- We use only a cold pressed olive oil from South Africa as a high quality omega rather than rendered fats that the industry is known to use.
- We cook our own stock from scratch using bones and vegetables rather than getting quick results from synthetic preserved digestives.
- We certainly do not use any harmful preservatives – rather we freezer our food, naturally and safely
- To reduce our carbon footprint and enhance nutritional values, we cook our food using the old fashioned “Wonderbags”.
The Science of Cooking and general stance
The understanding of nutrition has advanced tremendously over the last decade. South Africa has some of the world’s most prominent nutritionists, microbiologist and authors in this field. Human nutritional science is advanced. Food safety standards are high.
Vondi’s Holistic Pet Nutrition follows world-wide nutritional trends and science that ensures that your beloved pet will receive the optimal and balanced diet, but also that the recipe and ingredients follow international safety standards.
Our cooking process is complexed and long. Our wholesome pulses are cooked slowly for three hours. Our meat is steamed till 72 degrees to kill any possible pathogen or parasite. Our veggies, herbs, omegas are blended entirely RAW.
Therefore, you get the Goodness of Raw and the Safety of Cooked.