BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL FOR YOUR PET AND YOURSELF
But coconut oil does not have the same dynamics as Omega 3 fish oil and the Omega 3 fish oil is different to coconut oil.
Omega-3 oil (fish oil) is totally different, and like chalk and cheese when it comes to coconut oil. Fish oil is DHA and EPA (two long words, but this is enough), and these are omega 3 oils.
Coconut oil has no omega 3 in at all, it’s a saturated (very stable) fat which is excellent for improving the health of the thyroid gland, preventing obesity and giving masses of energy. Assists with heart and brain health.
Omega 3 oil from fish is a powerful anti-inflammatory and is probably the most important supplement you can add to your dog’s diet, regardless of what type of diet you feed.
BENEFITS OF OMEGA 3 FISH OIL – I have listed only a few
Proven benefits from EPA and DHA include:
- Improving the coat and skin.
- Reducing inflammation due to conditions such as arthritis, allergies, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Regulating the immune system, boosting those that are suppressed and calming overactive immune systems for dogs with allergies or autoimmune diseases.
- Aiding in mental development of foetuses and puppies, and improving cognitive function in older dogs.
- Lowering blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Providing support for dogs with kidney disease, heart disease, and cancer.
- Promoting weight loss in overweight dogs.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL – I have listed only a few
- Antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Helps the dogs absorb minerals, and fat-soluble vitamins
- Is said to help fight cancer
- Makes the coat shine beautifully and naturally
- Helps prevent skin irritation and infection – and dogs are CRAZY about the taste!!
- Good for bone health, heart health, weight management, diabetes and digestion
- Improves digestion and alleviates allergies
- Deodorizes doggy odour
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
- Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
In summary, and simply put, Omega 3 fish oil restores cell damage that may have been caused by incorrect diet, exposure to chemicals and poison and pollution. Skin is often the first consequence of this abuse and Omega 3 is essential in the restoration thereof. Coconut oil, in respect to skin, promotes a glossy, shiny health skin, but has no omega 3’s.